Jun 9, 2015

Transgenders



OK, here is my rant on transgenders and those that have any opinion other than acceptance. I once worked with a transgender female. She was the funniest, happiest person in the office. I swear she could make anything seem OK, and any crisis seem laughable.

We were talking once and she shared some pictures of when she was a young boy.

I remember the exact moment I "got it" even if I still don't completely understand it. I was looking at the pictures of a child that never smiled. Not once. And, she showed me a lot of pictures. Such sadness. My heart ached for that child in the pictures, and at the same time rejoiced for the woman in front of me.

That is all any of us needs to know.

People have to be free to pursue their own happiness, even if we would pursue ours differently. We cannot claim the rights and privileges granted in the Constitution and claimed as self-evident in the Declaration for ourselves, and yet deny them to others. There is no litmus test for eligibility to pursue happiness. We all have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

That's all I have to say, and it should be all anyone has to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment